Friday, October 11, 2013

Why Eye On The Sparrow 91?

First of all I would like to thank those of you who have been so kind to me already in this new adventure.  As I continue on this blog journey I want to take the time throughout the postings to give a little background information on my testimony and how I came to know Christ.  Also to explain other purposes for the blog itself as time goes on.  As for my testimony it is a bit long!  So I'm still working on getting that written in a way that is easy to understand and getting all of the main points in. 
Today I just wanted to share why the blog is Eye On The Sparrow 91.  Most of you are probably familiar with the scripture from Luke 12:6-8; "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."  I have always been touched by that scripture and also love the song associated with it, "His Eye Is On The Sparrow."  If you are not familiar with the song look it up!  It's awesome!  One of my favorite versions of it is actually off of Sister Act 2 sang by Lauryn Hill, I heard it before I ever even knew Christ. For me this scripture always reminds me of how God loves me and supports me, whether man does or not.  I know how insignificant I feel mixed in with a sea of people all over this world, but He knows me.  Nothing in my life goes un-noticed by the God that created me and fights for me. 
And I admit the 91 part kind of came in later when I discovered that a lot of other people must like eye on the sparrow!  Psalm 91 is my FAVORITE Psalm.  Maybe as time goes on and I get a little used to this blogging business I'll be cool enough to come up with a more "catchy" name, but for now this will do just perfectly.  God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment